OVERALL PROJECT GOAL:
To promote the sustainable management of peatlands in SE Asia to sustain local livelihoods to reduce poverty, reduce risk of fire and associated haze and contribute to global environmental management, particularly biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation.
To demonstrate, implement and upscale integrated management of peatlands in SE Asia through mainstreaming and improved governance, strengthened capacity and awareness, enhanced multi-stakeholder partnerships, and innovative approaches to maintain and rehabilitate identified critical peatland sites.
To demonstrate, implement and upscale sustainable management and rehabilitation of peatlands in the South East Asian region through a regional framework for partnership, information sharing and capacity building; and providing guidelines for best management practices.
- REDUCED RATE OF DEGRADATION OF PEATLANDS IN SOUTH EAST ASIA
- COMPONENT SUB-OUTCOME 2: Protection and sustainable management of peatland enhanced
- INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT AND REHABILITATION OF PEATLANDS DEMONSTRATED AND IMPLEMENTED AT TARGETED PEATLANDS
- COMPONENT SUB-OUTCOME 3: Best management practices from demonstration sites compiled and disseminated to upscale learnings
- LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND THE PRIVATE SECTOR ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO SUSTAINABLE PEATLAND MANAGEMENT
- COMPONENT SUB-OUTCOME 4: Plantation sector actively contributing to peatland management